What's New in Quest 0.2.0
Quest version 0.2.0 is now ready for download and I want to walk through what's new in detail.
- You can now walk around your worlds with the "Viewer" and upon entering a "Castle" you can attack it and conquer it.
- A battle system and basic AI has been added for a "hack and slash" style gameplay
- Barebones castle environment which will be improved on later
- Once you defeat a castle it will change to "Gold" matching your knight's colors
- A lot more animations to come but at least for now you can tell if you got a hit or just glanced off their sword
- A toast system has been added to let the user know when something happens
- The events that trigger this are error, saving a level, taking a screenshot, and when saving settings
- A rough tooltip system has been added to make use of the control icons easier to understand
- The editor icons on the top of the "Editor" now display text describing the icon/button
- The "Library" now displays whether you are logged in
- The "Library" now has a horizontal slider so that you can actually see all your worlds
- The "Library" now has a counter at the top to display how many maps you have
- A "Settings" menu is now available from the main menu that allows you to change resolution
- The "Maximize" and "Minimize" buttons have been removed from the "Editor" and "Viewer" views as they created a lot of problems with visual scaling
I'll open up a thread in the discussion board to discuss anything you want added or changed!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.